Apply here! Spring 2023 internship deadline is February 1st!
Our community engagement team plays a key role in our local and statewide advocacy campaigns! You’ll help educate community members about legislation, identify supporters, recruit and mobilize community members, and be a part of building the movement we need to transform New York. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to build up essential organizing skills and directly engage with community members — no prior experience necessary!
Time Commitment: One 4 hour shift weekly & a 15/20 minute bi-weekly check in
Location: In Person (Poughkeepsie, NY OR Kingston, NY)
- Deep Canvassing: Learning to connect with community members on the phone or in-person through our fights like healthcare, immigration, housing, and energy justice. Encourage them to share their experiences, ask them elicitive questions, and gauge their support of campaigns.
- Familiarity with digital organizing tools: Learn to utilize programs like VAN, ScaletoWin, and Spoke
- Relational and organizational recruitment: Have conversations with friends, students, and community members about our campaigns and get them involved in various volunteer opportunities
- Deeper understanding of the political process and issue campaigns: Receive first hand experience moving through the political process, strategy, and tactics used in issue and electoral campaigns at the local and state level
- Feedback and facilitation: Strengthen your facilitation skills and ability to give good, constructive feedback