When does the internship start?
- The fall organizing positions will start the week of September 18th. We will have an orientation likely the weekend before (9/16 or 9/17). It will end the week of December 4th.
Is this a paid position?
- Unfortunately, we don’t have the funds to compensate all our interns. However, we do support students in securing funding through their schools, and additionally have limited needs-based funding we can offer students.
Can I get academic credit for this internship?
- Check in with your academic department/school’s career office! Most schools will offer some form of academic credit and we will work with you to secure it
- If you attend Vassar College, you can secure credit through the Community Engaged Learning office.
- If you attend SUNY New Paltz/Marist College, you should email your academic advisor to see if you can receive credit towards your major.
Is this internship only open to college students?
- No! We also work with high schoolers and recent graduates.
Is this internship remote or in person?
- We have both remote roles and in person roles. You can see above under “location”
Do you have to go to school/live in New York?
- No! We’ve had interns from across the US and even folks working with us internationally.
What is the schedule?
- We work with folks to do our best to find times for shifts/meeting that work with their schedules. We will send you a scheduling form after you apply.