Submit application here!
Location: Poughkeepsie / Hudson
Description: In the Spring of 2024, we will continue working on an exciting state assembly race! Claire Cousin is a longtime Hudson community leader, co-founder of the Hudson/Catskill Housing Coalition, and the first and youngest Black woman elected to the Columbia County Board of Supervisors. As a longtime youth and housing advocate, Claire running to fight for working families like hers in the State Assembly. We need folks to help us reach out to voters, hear about the issues that matter most to them and organize them into our people-powered campaign!
Shifts/time commitment: One 4 hr canvassing shift/week, one 15/20 minute 1-1 check in every other week
Key tasks/skills developed:
- Phonebanking or Doorknocking, talking to the community about our campaigns, recruiting potential volunteers and members
- Deep Canvassing, learning to connect with community members on the phone, encourage them to share their experiences, ask them elicitive questions, and gauge their support of campaigns
- Familiarity with digital organizing tools, including Thrutalk, peer-to-peer texting programs, or MiniVAN
- Understanding the political process and issue campaigns, receive first hand experience moving through the political process, strategy and tactics used in issue and electoral campaigns at the local and state level
- Relational Organizing, organizing your own networks to take action for progressive issue and electoral campaigns in NY