Extended application deadline is May 9th – submit application here!
Description: Support our local community organizing program, and gain essential organizing skills and experience. You’ll knock doors, phonebank, deepen your political knowledge, support with outreach, and build community.
Time Commitment: 4-16 hrs/week (roles range)
*higher time commitment roles will have greater responsibility/greater variety of tasks
Location: Kingston, Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, Hudson
- Attending weekly team meetings
- Phonebanking, making calls to local community members and organizational contacts to discuss our campaigns and mobilize them to take action with us
- Canvassing, knocking on doors of local community members to discuss our campaigns and mobilize them to take action with us
- Relational Recruitment, talking to your friends/family/peers about the campaigns and seeing if they would like to make a call to a legislator and/or join you for a volunteer shift
- Political Education, doing readings on organizing theory, movement building, organizational culture
- If working 6+ hours/week, responsibilities may also include…
- Shift Facilitation, facilitating outreach shifts (canvassing/phonebanking)
- Intern/Volunteer Management, checking in with interns/volunteers each week to help them assess their work, gather feedback and prepare reports
- Event Planning, planning and doing outreach for welcome events, political education sessions, etc.
- Meeting Facilitation, preparing for and leading meetings/trainings
- Data Management, uploading and monitoring organizing data, managing wrong number and follow up data from phonebank
- Admin Work, supporting with data entry, managing volunteer and donor databases, managing offices