Location: The position will be based in Ulster County
Reports to: Organizing Director
Type of position: Full time, 40 hours
Compensation: $55,000-$60,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance.
We are building a grassroots movement of everyday people to transform New York so it works for all of us. For too long, greedy corporations, billionaires, and political elites have rigged our country to work against us. We are coming together across race and age to fight for laws and win elections that put the power back in our hands and create lasting change.
- Organize tenants in large buildings around (1) building-specific campaigns – such as rents, living conditions, ETPA – including through the development of tenants’ unions, and (2) our legislative and electoral campaigns
- Assist our other organizers in non-tenant-specific organizing
- Grow the base through a variety of methods, including outreach (door-to-door, at events, etc.) and 121s.
- Develop member-leadership through a variety of methods, including through giving members leadership roles in outreach, meetings, and events.
- Plan, do outreach for (in-person and through reminder calls and texts), and facilitate member meetings and events.
- Develop relationships with members, member-leaders, and organizational allies.
- Support the development and implementation of various organizational campaigns.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly internal goals.
- Continuously update and maintain data related to membership and campaigns.
- Meet with supervisor on a regular basis.
Experience and Abilities:
- 6+ months of organizing experience (paid or volunteer)
- Alignment with For the Many’s mission and values and a strong passion for organizing for social change
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect, build trust and develop authentic relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds across different platforms (phone, email, video calls)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Highly organized, ability to manage many moving parts and prioritize accordingly
- Confident facilitator and public speaker who’s able to command a room and develop a warm & welcoming environment
- Ability to give and receive feedback and contribute to an anti-oppressive organizational culture that aims for support and accountability
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities
- Commitment to leaning into discomfort and seeing/using challenges as opportunities for growth
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends
- Driver’s license and reliable access to a car
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools
- Experience using the back-end of digital organizing tools like Spoke, Scale to Win, ThruTalk, VAN, EveryAction, and/or Airtable
- Ability to speak Spanish
Please apply at https://airtable.com/shr2mloSPH7yoCR5b
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.